Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Twist of Lemon Tablescape

Our beautiful spring weather the past few weeks has turned to snow today! I feel like I should be posting a winter table instead of spring! 

This tablescape started out as blue and yellow. Then I decided it was waaaay too much blue, so started pulling out a few blue items and replacing with green. I preferred the blue, green and yellow color combination much better!

This table was set inside as the sunroom was just a little bit too cold this past weekend. 

I picked up the April Cornell table runner awhile back -- impossible to resist it! I've seen the same print in other blog tablescapes and couldn't wait to use it in one of mine.

Picking up the colors from the table runner in blues, greens and  yellows.

Holly is peeking in the corner! Baseball game on the TV -- I enjoy the sound of a baseball game on in the background. Always feels like summer!

I tried using the flash in a few photos as it wasn't very bright in the room.

Filled the yellow bowls with lemons.

Yellow bowls are lemons!

Blue salad plates are from one of my two sets of everyday dishes.

Dinner plate is a light sage green -- same color is in the table runner. Rattan chargers on round blue placemat.

Little porcelain Foo Dogs came from my mother.

Green goblets paired with the yellow/gold glasses.

Accent plate matches the bowls. A few candies added to the butter dishes.

Lemon plate matches the bowl.

Sunshine finally started to stream in through the windows.

Side view.

Table runner -- I just love this print!

Centerpiece is yellow silk flowers in a tall vase.

White ceramic Foo Dog.

A view from above using the flash.

This sterling silver flatware has such a delicate flower!
Candle holders are quite heavy. I picked them up with the intention of painting them but am happy I left them alone. For now anyway. :)

Another shot of the table.

One more... the sun finally came out!

What's on the table:
Table runner: April Cornell, picked up at TJMaxx.
Blue placemats and rattan chargers: Walmart
Dinner plates: TJMaxx
Salad plates, napkins and butter holders: Crate & Barrel
Lemon bowls and dishes: Bought at Target a few years ago   

Sterling silver flatware: S. Kirk & Son "Kingsley" (found in my home!)Green stemware: Villeroy & Boch "Boston Green" Collection
Yellow/gold goblets: JCPenney


Thanks for visiting!




I will be linking to the following fantastic parties this week:

Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage
Show off Your Cottage Monday at The House in the Roses
Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop at Homemaker on a Dime

Amaze Me Monday at Dittle Dattle 
Debbiedoo's Newbie Party at Debbiedoo's Blogging and Blabbing
Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife
Whassup Wednesday at Elements Interiors

Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Feature Yourself Friday at 
Fingerprints on the Fridge
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here

Feather Your Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Flaunt it It Friday at Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Seasonal Sundays
 at The Tablescaper

39 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Carolyn, I love these two colors togethe! They are so summery and cool. This is a beautiful tablescape. Thank you for sharing. Have a very nice week!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Beautiful tablescape! I love it all, the plates are gorgeous and my fav is the white. The pretty runner picked the whole theme colors of the setting. I have a soft spot for dogs, so I love your white foo dog. Beautiful!
I just came by from TTT. Happy Easter!
FABBY

Designs on 47th Street said...

Simply a lovely table. I love everything about it! Beautiful!
Donna

Blondie's Journal said...

Your table is gorgeous, Carolyn. I love the blue, green and yellow color scheme! Your runner is absolutely beautiful! The flowers, lemons and candies in the butter dish are very sweet accents. I really love this.

I had to laugh...you sound like me. The sound of the ever present baseball games on TV!! A sure sign summer is here {or around the corner!!}.

XO,
Janie

Tracy Huffman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy Huffman said...

Hi Carolyn! Thanks for stopping by my blog -

http://www.simpicity-tracy.blogspot.com.

Your table is beautiful! It reminds me of Sorrento (The lemon capital of Italy!) I'm your newest follower!

Tracy

PS - Holly is ADORABLE!!!

Susan said...

That is magazine-worthy! Love what you've done. I've always loved blue and yellow.

Pam @ Our Adventures in Home Improvement said...

Carolyn, your table is beautiful! I love the colors, love the accents and love the dishes. It's all so pretty!

Pam

Pamela Gordon said...

This is a beautiful tablescape in yellow and blue. I love the lemon bowls and plates. You have many lovely things to mix and match with. Pamela

Foley said...

Beautiful Table! Love the colors in the table runner, and you brought out all them perfectly!

Brenda Pruitt said...

This is all so truly lovely! I adore your table (is it oak?), your tablescape, your flatware, your tablerunner. Oh, and that view!
Brenda

Debbiedoos said...

You sure do a fabulous job of table scapes! Love the lemons and the centerpiece is very pretty! Thanks for joining my newbie party. Have fun! I appreciate your sweet comment too!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

What a pretty table!!! I love this color combination! Love the lemon dishes too!!!! I just bought some very similiar pillar holders....great minds!!!!!Wishing you a VERY Happy Easter!!! XO, Pinky

Jodi said...

So pretty, I really like the yellow and the blue; so springy! Your table runner is beautiful!

Jodi

Poppy said...

Hi Carolyn, loved reading how you got interested in blogging.... your tablescape is so beautiful, loved all the colors in it, especially the lemon bowls and all the other china... looks so summery. I'm following you from The House in the roses and I hope you will do the same for me... drop in and say hello!!(Poppy)

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Jacqueline said...

What a beautiful table...love the colors!

Buttercup Bliss said...

Oh I love this tablescape! Blue and yellow are so beautiful together! Happy Spring!!

The French Hutch said...

Carolyn, Your lemon tablescape is lovely. I think the way you mixed the colors, textures and patterns really works. Your color scheme is one of my favorites. Love how you used the lemons and the centerpiece is so pretty using the touch of ivy with the dainty yellow flowers.
Looks so pretty for spring. Hopefully your snow will disappear soon.....
Easter Blessings

~Emily
The French Hutch

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Carolyn!
Your table is so pretty -- day and night!
Love the colors and the Foo dogs from you mother. Great setting.
Thanks for sharing!
xx
Alison

Debbie said...

I love everything about this table, from that tall vase of yellow flowers in the centerpiece to the individual settings. Those specific shades of yellow and blue happen to be one of my favorite color combinations.

Those lemon shaped plates and bowls are perfect, and I love that you filled the bowls with lemons. I probably would have stuck one single lemon or something, and it just wouldn't have had the pop that the bowl full does.

Just terrific!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

You brought sunshine to your table setting with those lemons...love that bright pop of color!

All The Pretty Dishes said...

I love your tablescape. I did blue dishes with lemons too this week!

Anonymous said...

I can see why you couldn't resist that April Cornell table runner any longer - it is beautiful! You have accented it wonderfully with your lemon scape. Nice combination of colors and textures in your setting. I bet it smells good, too, with all those fresh lemons.

Tammy

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Very pretty! Love the colour combo you've created based on that gorgeous runner! The lemons are the perfect accessory! I'm not a dog lover, but your little Holly is adorable!

DD

Babs said...

Carolyn, I love the blue and yellow combination with the lemons and I have that same April Cornell print but in napkins. I like your Chinese Foo dogs and your choice of stemware. Thanks for the nice comment and I'm now a follower of yours,too.
Hope you have a very Happy Easter.
Babs

Marigene said...

Beautiful and so refreshing!
Happy Easter, Carolyn.

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

This table is so fresh and inviting! I love the color combination. And I adore all the lemon accessories! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter! thanks for visiting me and following. Following you back!

Rettabug said...

What beautiful shades of Spring, Carolyn!
Your new runner is delicious as are all the unique pieces you combined for this great tablescape.
I really like the effect of putting a round charger on top of a round placemat. I've not seen that done before & it gives it an extra pop of color as well as texture.

Please tell me where you found those cute little butter dishes? What a nice touch for each person to have their own!

Your view of the lake is awesome, BTW

Happy Easter!
Hugs,
Rett

Rettabug said...

Back to say I'm your newest follower!

Sea Witch said...

Just discovered your blog though another friend's blog. So glad that I found you. Your table looks so inviting. Sea Witch

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Blue and yellow is one of my favorite color combinations. What a refreshing table. I'm like you with baseball. I love having it on as often as possible! Who's winning? ;-)

Entertaining Women said...

Good choice to add the green of Spring. I always like the April Cornell linens...just have never found any that are the right size for my tables...some day. Thank you for sharing your lovely design. Have a blessed Easter celebration. Cherry Kay

Diane said...

Carolyn, this is so beautiful. Hey, if it's snowing outside, you need a lovely reminder that spring is right around the corner. This table fits the bill perfectly!

I adore the lemon dishes!

Dianne said...

You certainly brought the sunshine inside on your table So sunny and inviting. Love it! Don't you just love April Cornell? I have those same green sage dishes and I just love them.
dianne

we three dogs and me said...

Love the yellows. So springy and colorful. I am waiting for my forsythia bush to blossom to use my yellows.Have a nice
Easter

The Tablescaper said...

Love the runner (April Cornell has the best stuff) and all of those layers!

Hope to see you at Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Jacqueline said...

The table is so pretty and happy and SUNSHINEY - which we need hear to get us in the spring mood. I adore the lemon bowls and plates. Everything just makes me smile and makes me want to whip up something lemoney today!

Miss Charming said...

Beautiful tablescape! (And your dog is just darling!)

Jessica said...

How pretty! This looks like it should be in a magazine. Love the lemon bowls and dishes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...