Friday, April 15, 2011

Closing the Distance for 5 Minute Friday



 Each week, I look forward to "5 Minute Friday" at the Gypsy Mama blog but I've never participated before. 5 Minute Friday is a blog link party where a subject is posted and you write for 5 minutes straight, unedited, just as the words pop into your head -- or onto the paper -- or typing to the computer. It's a fun idea and I've wanted to join for a few weeks.

So this is my first go at it. I used the timer on my phone. Just as my thoughts were starting to really come together, the buzzer went off!

Here is what I wrote in five minutes -- unedited:

START

In church today, we had missionaries speak to our church. They are missionaries in Turkey. I was listening and thinking what a huge distance apart we are – the United States and Turkey. Completely different worlds. "Distance" has played a major part of my life. We traveled so much while growing up, that we didn’t have any roots to speak of. My parents each had a place to call home where they grew up, but my brother and I did not.

All of my family lives far away from me. A great distance in all directions. I am in the center of the United States and they are scattered from coast to coast and even extend to other countries.

I have friends who are very close by and friends who are so far away. I occasionally wonder if I will ever see them again.

I’ve found something that ends the distance and that is the love of Jesus Christ. Learning about Christ and everything He has done for us is amazing. His love brings everything together. There is no distance anymore. We are all together. For instance, this missionary family lives a great distance from me -- but that distance dissolves in an instant when we share God's love.

STOP 


Thanks for visiting!

1 comments:

maría cecilia said...

just in 5 minutes you have said very profound things, such a great excersise!!!
hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...