Saturday, April 2, 2011

Seashells Tablescape

My third tablescape!

Setting the table in our sunroom today was so much fun with one of the most gorgeous spring days to embrace northwest Iowa. With temps in the mid 50's, no wind and lots of sunshine -- the ice which covered the lake just two days ago is almost gone! 

While I was setting the table up today, I listened to the Canadian Geese flying overhead as well as the many birds singing outside. The call of a Loon even echoed over the lake. Loons are only here for a short time and easy to miss.

To coincide with the arrival of spring on the lake, I decided to go with a seashell tablescape.

I like keeping everything light and airy when setting the table in the sunroom.

Blues and greens against the lake in the spring.

I picked these dishes up a few months ago.

My flatware is Oneida "Julliard" -- we received all of it as wedding gifts 24 years ago.
Ceramic seashell napkin rings

Salad plate in "sea foam"

Dinner plate in white. The shells are raised on the dishes. Love these dishes!

Seashell placemats. I only use a round or shaped placemat on a round table.

I just picked up this stemware at TJMaxx. Same glasses are also sold at Horchow/Neiman Marcus.

Glass stones in the bottom and seashells surround the candle.

Pewter fish holds the little picks each with a design on the top. These were a gift from my mother many years ago.

Side table holds a giant seashell with faux sea glass.

The view from our sunroom over the lake. Ice is gone and the sparkling open water is back!

For those that read "Between Naps on the Porch" this sign might look familiar.
The moment I saw this in Susan's blog, I looked it up and found out where to buy it and it was here in two days! One of my very favorite songs; and summer breezes are the best.

As always... Holly likes to help!

Happy seashell spring!!

What's on the table:
Dinner plates and salad plates: JCPenney Cindy Crawford Oceanview
Flatware: Oneida "Julliard" (each place setting was a wedding gift)
Placemats, napkins rings, napkins and shotglasses: Home Goods from a few years ago
Small green glasses: CB2

Green and blue goblets: Bahia (sold at Neiman Marcus/Horchow - found at TJ Maxx)
White shell buckets; candle, jar and everything in it: Walmart


Thanks for reading!
 



Show and Tell Saturdays at Be Different Act Normal
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage
Show off Your Cottage Monday at The House in the Roses
Anything Goes Party at Type A

Amaze Me Monday at Dittle Dattle
Debbiedoo's Newbie Party at Debbiedoo's Blogging and Blabbing
Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch

41 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

The view from your pretty porch is beautiful of the lake! It's just gorgeous! I love your shell place mats and the plates are very nice too. A totally beautiful and inviting tablescape, I love it!
FABBY

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

OMGoodness, I LOOOOVE this tablesetting! The dishes are fantastic! I am going to see if I can find them at JCP!!!! Your view is spectacular!!!! I will be your newest follower. XO, Pinky

Frieda said...

Bonjour,
Magnific!
This lovely table makes me feel
like on kribi beach in my country
Have a nice day
Frieda

Lynn said...

Your table setting is very pretty, your view is just beautiful-enjoy:@)

Diane said...

What wonderful dishes!!! I will have to see if JCP still has them. And the table is lovely and serene. When can I come over?

What I really want, though, is your sunroom. What a jewel! The water is so close it must feel like you are on a houseboat!

A Perfect Setting said...

What a fabulous view you have!! If this is only your third tablescape, you sure do catch on fast! Adorable! I have the Horchow glasses and also the same napkin rings, I planned to use later in the summer lol!! Great job.

Maggie said...

Your seashell tablescape is beautiful, I love it all but my goodness the view from your sun porch is stunning.
What a spectacular position your home enjoys.

Unknown said...

I love this tablescape! But the view is stunning! Thank you for sharing the beauty with us! Luv-Loretta

Kathleen said...

Happy Third Tablescape! I'd eat off paper plates if I had a view like that, and not care...BUT your scape is just lovely, very serene. I am partial to beach things living at one! Better like it or move, LOL!
Happy Seasonal Sunday!

Pamela Gordon said...

Oh My Goodness! This is a beautiful tablescape. I love the dishes and placemats but the view is exceptional. I didn't realize when you posted before that this is a large sunroom! Wow! It's gorgeous. Have you shown the whole room before? Did I miss it? I'd love to see it sometime. ;-) Beautiful tablescape today! I'm glad the ice is gone too. Pamela

Snap said...

This has to be the perfect table setting for living so close to the water! Lovely!

Darcy Therese said...

Your tablescapes are absolutely GORGEOUS. They're one of my favorite parts of your blog. I love all your little details. Perfect!

Jodi said...

Your table is just beautiful and I love the view you have, so relaxing!

Jodi

Jodi said...

I just noticed you are from iowa, me too(western also) and I am new to blogging too.

I have become your newest follower, look forward to seeing more of your blog.
Jodi

Anonymous said...

Carol, I see we share the same taste in rugs; I have the same pattern in my living/family room~
The table scapes you do are lovely and compliment the gorgeous view of the lake. It's nice to see how much you appreciate the beauty around you!

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

Your room and table are so lovely and you have an incredible view. I can almost hear the loons. Your little Havanese is such a cutie!

Debbiedoos said...

This is truly to die for...the view ain't bad either! Thanks for joining my newbie party.

ChristianKid said...

mom, you're cute :) i love your tablescapes. ditto to Darcy's comment! ps i miss my puppy. love you!

Unknown said...

beautiful! I crave everything sea-realated. and, btw, you could leave that sun room empty and would still be beautiful whooo what a view... envy envy envy

Val said...

One word ~ AMAZING!!

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

Looks lovely. I can't get over those water views. You are very lucky to live there. Cheers

Arabella said...

What an amazing table you put together and your sun room looking over the lake is superb!! I'm so glad that I found you on Masterpiece Monday so that I can give you a follow.

I hope you get to visit us sometime and say hi!! http://SallyLeeByTheSea.com

Janet said...

your tablescape and lake setting are just gorgeous. Love the plates and napkin rings. I'm a new follower. Found you on Debbiedoos Newbie party.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What an amazing view! WOW! I love everything about the beach and saw the title when I was at Debbie's! Your shells and decor are wonderful! ♥

Carolyn said...

Thank you all for the nice comments!

The Tablescaper said...

So beautifully light and airy. Thank you for bringing your table to Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Becca Bertotti said...

Party of 4, please! Your tablescape is beautiful, and your view is breathtaking! I'd be in your sunroom morning, noon and night! Your coastal touches on your table are lovely. Thanks for sharing! *Becca* (your newest follower)

www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

Susan said...

Your table is gorgeous, but your view is breathtaking!! I could sit there all day long.
I love your dishes, but I adore your napkin rings. Would you mind sharing any info you have on them with us? I would like some like those.
Thanks for sharing your gorgeous sunroom with us.
Susan

Allison Nicole said...

You are sooo lucky to have such a beautiful porch & view like that! And I adore your tablescape. I have the same seashell dish that you have on your side table! I found you from Debbiedo's & am now a follower! I would love for you to come for a visit & maybe follow me back! leomommyof4.blogspot.com

Allison

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my, what a wonderful room and such a view. To die for. Love your tablescape. Everything is done so beautifully. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Carolyn said...

Susan, the napkin rings aren't marked in anyway, but they were purchased at Home Goods a couple of years ago. Someone else emailed me and told me she picked up the identical ones at a TJMaxx last month, so they may be in some of the stores!

Marlis said...

I would just die for that view. How absolutely breath taking. I love everything on your table. Absolutely everything from the placemats to the dishes to the glasses. Please drop in for a Mikasa giveaway!

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

First of all, your room and view are both fabulous!!! How do you get anything accomplished? I would just sit and stare! And your dishes are beautiful. You will find out that I have a tremendous weakness for beachy dishes. The little fish from your mom is so special. I am your new follower and will be back for more! Linda

My Dream Canvas said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. Hope to see you at My Dream Canvas! I am following you.

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Gorgeous tablescape! I love how light and airy this looks too! Your dishes are fantastic. I am also totally in love with the view from this room. What a wonderful place to dine!

Linda said...

I swear I can actually breath better looking at your photos. It calms me and the visions of the lake is so strong I feel that I can smell it. YOur home and tablescape is lovely.

Linda

Phyllis said...

Your sun porch is the ultimate with the most fantastic view of the water!! I can only say WOW.....what a paradise you have found! Your table is just perfect for the surroundings and I adore your china with the shells and the stemware is beyond beautiful!

Susan said...

Carolyn, thank you so much for sharing the information with me! I'll look at my TJ Maxx after work and keep an eye out for some.
Susan

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

I just love that wall of windows in your sunroom. It seems like you're sitting right on the lake. Your table is set so lovely. I can just picture a nice lunch there. I, too, am coveting that Summer Breeze sign. One of my favorite songs also. Of course, as a teacher, I always lived for the summer!

Emreen said...

Beautiful table scape... Luv the stemware ( lovely color) ... the pewter fish... and the plates..

The napkin rings are gorgeous...

The arrangement done in the side table is lovely...!!

Betty said...

Beautiful tablescape and sun room. You have a lovely table and chair set as well! I have the exact table and chairs and I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...