Monday, April 25, 2011

Team Jacob! Woohoo

My daughter came home for a few days over the Easter break and brought home a carload of stuff from her dorm room. She'll be home again for the summer in just two weeks and wanted to clear out a few things now.

One of the items she brought home was this life-size cardboard cut-out of the Jacob guy in the Twilight movies. I bought it for her from Nordstroms last summer as kind of a fun thing to put into her dorm room. (She is not much of a Twilight fan and I think he ended up being stored under the bed or in the closet.) When I saw him thrown on the floor of our garage, I picked him up and propped him up in the garage. He is kinda cute. 

Later that night, I walked out into the garage for something -- and he startled me! I forgot he was there! Almost wacked him with the garbage bag I was carrying!

So I took him and stuck him in the bedroom. I was going to tease hubby about "the other man" in my life.

My alarm went off this morning. The alarm clock is on the dresser so it forces me to get out of bed and walk across the room and hit the snooze for 15 more minutes turn it off.

Half asleep, I tumble out of bed and walk over to the alarm clock... I forgot Jacob was there...

I'm sure my scream woke up our nearest neighbors who live about a half mile away.

I hope the alarm clock I wacked him with will still work!!



Thanks for visiting!

11 comments:

Poppy said...

Loved reading this post Carolyn :) He sure is life-size!! Would have caught me off guard as I tumble out of bed in the morning! Thanks for following me and for you sweet comment! ~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You gave me my best chuckle of the day! Thank you, I needed it! Jana from Texas

Babs said...

I can just see you now.. LOL, you are too funny..giggle.
Thanks for the giggle.
Babs

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

That's too funny! I had a life-sized Edward cut-out last year (don't ask ;))... I had him sitting on the couch in the basement and -just like your Jacob- he kept scaring everybody, so we had to find a new home for him!

Diane said...

(Wiping the tears of laughter from my eyes)

Great minds think alike. I also posted about the other man in my life. Yours is much better looking! Wanna trade?

INSIDE THE SHRINK said...

That sounds like something I would do. Thanks for making me smile today. And thank you for joining me at my devotional site. God bless, Dr. Bobbi

Kathy@ Gone North said...

Just made me laugh... : )
Had the same sort of thing... son had a bigger than life cardboard of Ed Viesturs.. the famous mountain climber & EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I walked down there.. it scared me.. think I would have figured it out after a while.. : )

NanE said...

LOL, oh my gosh I did the same thing! I bought my dd a life size cardboard cutout of Legolas from Lord of the Rings. I can not tell you how many times I walked in her room only to be startled by HIM! After she went to college, I folded him in half and stashed it in her closet. Her cut out was full color so it was really spooky.

Keetha Broyles said...

LOL! That'll teach ya for having "another man" in your bedroom!

ChristianKid said...

that's what you get for getting me that doggone cutout...he is staying with you sophomore year to haunt you!!!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

That is so darn funny!!!! I would have screamed too!!!!!! XO, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...