Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Take a few moments each day...


Yokota Air Force Base in Japan was our home for three years while I was in high school in the late 70's. My father was stationed there and I have so many wonderful memories of the country and the people. A few of my high school friends returned and now live in Japan. Most of them are in or near Tokyo and a few of them have families in the areas that are more affected by the tsunami. Each morning the first thing I do is check my Facebook page to read any new updates from those friends.

I pray for the people and country of Japan.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your caring sentiments. So many don't feel this way. People are suffering over there! Luv-Loretta

Pam @ Our Adventures in Home Improvement said...

My prayers are definitely with those in Japan and those here with family and friends there.

Take care,
Pam

Pamela said...

Hi Carolyn, Thank you for your comment on my blog and for becoming a follower. I just looked through some of your posts and found your blog interesting, especially the guest house/garage that you're building. I'd say your second attempt at blogging is going well. I only started last August and find if I comment on other blogs and do posts on 'special days' that others will respond back. It takes a while. Also, it's good to post more than once a week ;-) I am praying for Japan as well. I have a Japanese friend there who lives 100 miles from Fukushima Nuclear Plant. They are scared. Take care and blessings to you! Pamela

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

I hope that everyone is ok. Thank you so much for visiting today! I just love your little dog. How cute is he???!!!! I can't wait to read more of your posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...