Sunday, May 29, 2011

Guest House: The carpeting is in

Finally! After an entire year, and a handful of carpet installers that did not show up, we finally have carpeting!

A sweet man with his son (and a puppy) were hired and they did a fantastic job laying the carpeting. We can finally start putting some furniture in this place (when we have some to put in). 

You can see photos of the upstairs without carpeting here.


Carpeted stairs

Carpeted bonus room

It no longer echos upstairs!

Carpeted bedroom
 
Carpeted bedroom again

Carpeted landing at top of stairs

Some before and after photos:

       

 

  

 

Thanks for visiting!
 


I'm linking to the following blog parties this week:

Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Anything Goes Party at Type A

10 comments:

Foley said...

Very nice guest house! What is your paint color? - looks so cozy!

Jodi said...

Very nice, I really like your carpet choice, looks great in your rooms! It's nice to get projects done isn't it! ;)

Jodi

Kathy@ Gone North said...

Nice! Very Nice... Really like your choice of color.
We looked at a cottage this afternoon....making an offer tomorrow...fingers crossed... : )

RHome410 said...

Oh! I'm definitely going to look up all your posts regarding this project, since we hope to do something very similar and VERY soon. One of our soon-to-be newlywed daughters and her own hubby will occupy it for awhile, then it will be great guest quarters for visiting kids and their future spouses and families.

Yours is wonderful! I'm sorry your mother didn't get to see and enjoy it. I feel the same way about my grandparents and our home..

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Yea! Congratulations on your progress. Things should really start coming together for you now.

Anonymous said...

It looks fabulous, Carol; was it worth the wait? I hope so~

The French Hutch said...

hi Carolyn, your carpet looks great, and a project finished makes us feel so good. Knew carpet is totally changes the look, I like your choice...
Enjoy your Memorial Day!

~Emily
The French Hutch

NanE said...

Wow Carolyn, that is looking great! I can't wait to see the whole thing all finished and decorated. I wanted to stop by and tell you that I filled out an application for a Havanese rescue and the gal in charge just called to tell me we have been approved! YEAH! NOw it's just a matter of finding the right pup. I can't wait! Have a wonderful Memorial Day, Nan

abeachcottage said...

Really nice choice of carpet colour, look great in all the rooms.

Pinky said...

Looks great! We are supposed to get new carpet SOON, FINALLY! I ahve waited and wanted for 20 years now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It wioll be a BIG deal to me:):) XO, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...