Thursday, June 2, 2011

The boat is in the water!

We have finally launched the boat for the summer! The official date we rolled it in was May 26. It's also officially the latest we have ever waited to do so. It has been such a cold and rainy spring! Usually the boat hits the water sometime in mid-April.

Since launching on May 26, we have not had a nice enough day to take it out again! Maybe this weekend will bring some calm and warm weather.

Join me on a ride...

Welcome to our house! You can see the sunporch on the upper level. Behind our house, you can see the garage and guest house we built.

Holly loves to go for boat rides... We are slowly cruising the north side of the lake in our pontoon boat. Fun to see the activity as docks, boats and hoists are going into the water!

Here is the eagle carving from the other side. You can read about the eagle here and here

A grouping of fishing boats. They were pulling in lots of fish today!

Holly watching the shoreline. Not many boats are in yet. Only one can be seen in this photo and usually every house has at least one boat.

This is such a beautiful time of year when the trees are so pretty and green.

Water-skier drive-by.

Holly has her own stash of toys on the boat.

And she loves playing with them when she gets tired of the view!

Calm water approaching the swimming area.

Not many swimmers yet. This place will be full of people on hot summer days...

Great day to be cruising on the water. Another fishing boat is coming in for the evening.
Check out that Iowa sky! 
This kind of a day -- and this view -- is why I named my blog "Adrift on the Lake"

Thanks for reading!

16 comments:

Janet said...

Carolyn ,your house and the lake are so lovely. Wish I was there with you. I would love to have a boat some day. Holly is adorable. Thanks for sharing. Janet Blondell

Blondie's Journal said...

Your lake is gorgeous!! It looks big, too. And I love your house and that beautiful screened in porch. Lake life is the best! ;-D

XO,
Janie

P.S. Holly is precious!

Nadia said...

Wow! I love your blog too! Is this your house? It is amazing!

Keetha Broyles said...

Fisherhubby made his maiden boat launching fishing outing yesterday too.

He had some trolling motor battery "issues" and wasn't very happy about it!

Do you think we WILL get hot summer days to enjoy the water????

Here's hoping - - - though it's only 68 here today.

Jodi said...

So pretty! Hopefully this weekend will be better; we finally have some warm weather, now we just need to get rid of the wind!

What lake is this, it's beautiful!

Holly is so cute, I love the pix w/ her toy! :)

Take care!
Jodi

The French Hutch said...

Now I get your blog name.......PERFECT! Your home is lovely Carolyn. This must be a wonderful place to live year round. Thanks for the ride, will look forward to more soon.

~Emily
The French Hutch

The Decorative Dreamer said...

I love your boat and house pictures! It makes me want to share more of my boating world again. I think I will! We have a longer and earlier season here in SC then you. It is kinda funny seeing you just getting into the season now when it seems so late to me. Also I find it interesting how most of you all store your boats away for the winter more then we do. But, I love hearing all about how other lakers live all around the US! Please keep it coming! These are some of my favorite posts! Thank you!

Kathy@ Gone North said...

Oh.. Just SOooo... lovely!!
We are hoping...... we offered, they countered, we countered, tomorrow we find out, but it is looking promising... we have already looked at a new pontoon boat.. : )
"If" they accept this offer we will be doing a TON of work, as it was a foreclosure & needs some TLC.. but that will be fun...
Maybe I can show pics like yours very soon.. : )

Susan said...

Oh, how pretty! Holly is the cutest and I adore the sweet pictures of her!!! i have a Bichon who plays on our boat and sightsees just like Holly. Is she a Maltese or Maltipoo?
I love your blog!
Susan

Carolyn said...

Thank you everybody! I love receiving your comments!

Susan, Holly is a Havanese -- they are a purebred named for Havana, Cuba. Not a very well known dog... very closely related to a Bichon!

NanE said...

Oh Carolyn, I so enjoyed going along on your boat ride! It brought back so many memories of growing up on the lake and going out in my Dad's pontoon! Your house looks awesome.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

When my FIL was alive he also LOVED to go out on the pontoon boat, with the 3 little dogs who also LOVED it! Holly is in her element, and she is adorable! I love riding in a pontoon boat. Thanks for the virtual ride. XO, Pinky

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Lovley photos, the boat looks like a wonderful place to spend the summer! Holly looks like she is having fun.

laxsupermom said...

Beautiful pictures! It's been a rotten spring, but I feel summer coming on and our pontoon is in the water now, too. Can't wait to get up to the cottage this weekend. Thanks for sharing.

Full Circle Creations said...

I'm so jealous! I want to live on the water. Does it count that I have two ponds and a watering hole for the cattle? I don't think it's the same....Love the pictures! Enjoy!
Holly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...