Thursday, May 19, 2011

In John Deere Green... on a hot summer night...

The "John Deere Green" song always gets stuck in my head whenever I see a tractor anywhere. Which is everywhere these days as the farmers are all over the place. Lots of planting going on. The other night, the tractors were planting the field around our acreage until well past midnight. They work hard!

Hubby's choice of a lawnmower is John Deere. We have Hubby has approximately 3 acres to maintain and the poor lawnmower (and the hubby) takes a beating each week with all of the hills and trees on the property. So, about every 6 years, we welcome a new lawnmower into the family. 

Out with the old... in with the new...

New mower even has a twinkle in his eye...

The old lawnmower will go to the lake. It will keep running for many more years but it just can't take the hills at the acreage anymore. We have yet a 3rd lawnmower in addition to these that we keep at additional property we have on the lake and it's 18 years old.

I just had to include the Joe Diffie song in this post -- I'll be singing it all day now! Enjoy!





 Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

Full Circle Creations said...

Iowa farm girl that I am, I have a John Deere lawnmower and tractor. Nothing runs like a Deere! And we won't have anyother on this farm! HA! I am in need of a new mower, but it's just not in the budget this year! Love the picture with the twinkle in it's eye!

Holly

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

I love that song... I've never heard it before! Us 'kids' got together last Fathers' Day to get my dad a John Deere riding lawn mower. I'll have to make a copy of this song for him! I'm so glad I visited your blog today!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh Joe Diffie!!! You DO know the way to a girl's heart, don't you???

"In letters 3 foot high he wrote, 'Billy Bob loves Charlene' and the whole town said the fool shoulda used red, but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!"

There are some OTHER really great songs that I've NEVER heard on the radio on the original CD from which that song hales - - - - "When the Cows Come Home" and "Brown Gravy"

Gotta check those out!

Yay Home said...

Even though my son is only two, I think he'd LOVE the pictures in this post! I'll show him in the morning. That sweet boy ADORES lawnmowers, tractors etc. He talks about them all the time. We are your newest followers, and thanks for stopping by Yay Home!

Anonymous said...

We are, of course, all green here! Randy has four restored antiques, as well, so we like the old stuff and the new!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...