Friday, May 6, 2011

I won a Tassimo Brewbot!

Wow, this has been one busy week! With some nice weather that came our way this week, I took some time off from work and accomplished so much!

Yesterday, I took another day off and drove the 3 hours to my daughter's college to pick up all her belongings from the dorm. Everything fit beautifully into my new car and I still had a little room to pick up a few new things from TJMaxx and Pier I -- yay!

Earlier this week, my beloved Tassimo quit working properly. I have an older model when it was still made by Braun. This is one of my very favorite items I own and I just don't think I could function without it! It makes wonderful cappuccino and lattes, and for someone like me who lives hours from the nearest Starbucks, this is a lifesaver! Tassimo is a single-cup coffee brewer that uses T-discs to make the coffee by reading the bar code on the disc.

The newer style of Tassimo

I think it just needs a new cleaning disc (which I apparently threw away last year) but after four years of using the device at least twice a day (usually more), I thought maybe it was time for a new one, especially after I read many reviews on how happy people were after upgrading their old ones.

My current Tassimo -- the older model

I was ready to spend the money and go for it when I noticed there was a contest on Facebook. So after I checked it out, I decided I would try each day to win a new one before splurging on the purchase.

Here's how to do it: If you have a Facebook account, go to the Tassimo page and "like" them. Then click on "Pot to a Bot" in the left-side menu and follow the directions. You'll need to upload a photo of your current coffee pot or a piece of paper with the word "coffee" written on it. It's kinda cool how it works -- reminded me a little bit of the wish machine in the movie "Big."

They are giving away each day (until 11:59 pm EST) through May 8:
Grand Prize: 100 Tassimo Brewpots
First Prize: 200 ceramic coffee mug sets
Second Prize: 200 travel mugs

I tried on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday with no luck. You only get one try a day. I came home last night and tried again...

This time, to my surprise, I received the words "You've Won!" instead of the usual "sorry, you lose, try again, go away, you'll never win anything, loser-loser-loser" -- or whatever it usually said to me. I had to wait a few seconds (during which I was shouting to my hubby "I won! I won!") to see exactly which prize I won. I thought for sure I'd win a coffee mug set or travel mug.

Instead, this is what appeared on the final screen:

I won a new Tassimo Brewbot!

My shouting, "I won! I won!" turned to shouting in a much louder voice, "I won a Brewpot! I won a Brewpot!" Even the dog was getting excited! (I think she just thought someone was visiting us or she was hoping for a treat.)

I am one of those people who rarely wins anything. Seriously! I once had my name in a contest where there would be 2 winners and only 3 people entered. I was the one who lost.

So if you want to give it a try, go for it! I am now convinced that anybody actually can win sometimes!

It did say to allow 6-8 weeks for delivery, so I am going to fix my old one while I wait. I just can't live 6-8 weeks without it!

Good luck!!


Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

Kathy@ Gone North said...

Lucky You, Lucky You!!!
I quickly took a pic of my "spills every time" pot & tried... (before I posted this comment)
I just got "Try Again tomorrow"..
But Thanks for the tip... I will try again... : )

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Carolyn!

Blondie's Journal said...

Hooray for you! I never win anything! I'd really love this machine...I drink a lot of coffee everyday and a latte would be a nice treat! Congratulations!

XO,
Jane

Babs said...

Carolyn, Congratulations! Enjoy your new brewbot and have a great weekend and a Happy Mother's Day,
Babs

Kathy@ Gone North said...

Just stopping by to tell you... I tried again this morning, & I got a "You Won" I was momentarily excited & then it popped up..
" A new coffee mug"
Shoot.. Shoot... I will try again tomorrow..
But for sure when I drink from those cups, I will think of you : )

Foley said...

Lucky you!! Maybe your luck is changing...

Janet said...

Lucky you!

I don't drink coffee; however, your post has me rethinking that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...