Monday, June 20, 2011

Dinner by Fireworks Tablescape for the 4th of July

Our sunroom is set and ready for the upcoming 4th of July!

Red, white and blue is the theme for Independence Day of course!

I wanted to use a variety of blue and red dishes but it was kinda overwhelming. So I stuck to some basic pieces.

Red salad dishes were a Crate and Barrel find -- blue Queen's dinner plates were purchased at TJMaxx.

These plates have become one of my very favorite sets! The blue and white goes with everything.

From our 2nd story sunroom, we can see the fireworks display each year.

Side table is set up with some sparklers for the kids -- along with cupcakes and red, white and blue reusable straws.

From above...

The red and blue candlesticks were perfect for a centerpiece. In the right setting, they have a 'firecracker' appearance! I put a little bit of mylar garland around the top of each candlestick and then grouped the rest of it at the base of the candlesticks to create the centerpiece.

These gorgeous glass candlesticks were a gift to me from my Aunt. I have been so anxious to use them in a tablescape!

Red flatware and napkins with blue placemats.

Purchased cupcakes and I put them into patriotic cupcake liners with little paper toppers. A huge grouping of these on the 4th of July really makes a "bang!"

My favorite thing when I was young (and yes, today!) -- I especially love the giant sparklers!

Clear stemware with a simple blue rim.

Such an easy centerpiece!

Lighting the candles in the evening. Boats cruise by all night long in the summer. Fireworks start about 10 pm or when it gets dark. We have the perfect seats for the show! 

 Dinner by fireworks!

What's on the table:
Blue dinner plates: "Queens" from TJMaxx
White dinner plates and small white appetizer plates: Mikasa Italian Countryside
Salad plates: Cranberry "Sintra" from Crate & Barrel
Red dessert bowls: Walmart
Glass napkin holders and napkins: Crate & Barrel

Red flatware: Horchow
Blue-rimmed glassware: BonTon
Glass candlesticks: Sur La Table (a gift from my wonderful Aunt!)



Thanks for visiting!




I will be linking to the following fantastic parties this week:

Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage
Amaze Me Monday at Dittle Dattle 

Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life

Whassup Wednesday at Elements Interiors
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Feature Yourself Friday at 
Fingerprints on the Fridge
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here

Feather Your Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Flaunt it It Friday at Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Seasonal Sundays
 at The Tablescaper

22 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Beautiful! What a blessing to see the fireworks from home! I love sparklers also. This is the first year we can have them here in AZ. And I will!!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

What a gorgeous post! Loved all these beautiful pics! I love sparklers too.
Now, am your newest follower...hope you will follow me back:)

Have a great week!

Sanghamitra.

laxsupermom said...

Love your festive tablescape! So pretty! Nothing says the 4th like sparklers. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

i Love it! This is so festive and fun! You did a great job! :)

~Liz

NanE said...

I LOVE this, great job Carolyn!
Guess what? We have our HAV baby! We picked her up last Weds. I'm going to write about her on Saturday, so check my blog. I'm excited for you to meet her.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

How fun and wonderful is this. I love it. YOur mix of dishes and accessories are stunning and the centerpiece just looks like fireworks going off. Great job. Love the kids table also. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Pamela Gordon said...

What a beautiful 4th of July table setting. I love the dishes and the candle centerpiece. You will have a wonderful time I'm sure, watching the fireworks from your vantage point. Happy Summer to you! Pamela

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Carolyn...

Absolutely gorgeous, my friend! It looks like you are ready and set for July 4th! My friend, your table is awesome! I love how you did the centerpiece with the staggered candles and mylar garland! The garland looks like fireworks exploding in the sky...love, love, LOVE THAT!!! And...your place settings are gorgeous as well! I love a good "red, white, and blue" table setting! The blue and white Queens plates are lovely! I would love to have a set!

Ohhh...I bet celebrating the 4th of July is just awesome at the lake! You certainly do have a fabulous view, my friend! Thanks for sharing it with us...as well as your beautiful and festive table!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Out on the prairie said...

What a lovely decoration. I really enjoyed your design.I was married on the 4th so had some fun celebrations each year.I will be in NE Iowa this year trout fishing.

The Tablescaper said...

What a wonderful table. I think the garland around the candles is just amazing. It really gives it a fireworks flair!

Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Beth said...

Carolyn, Your tablescape is beautiful! Stunning! Colorful! Patriotic! I love the Queens dinner plates and the goblets with the blue rims as well as your flatware. Most of all, I love the view from your pretty sunroom. What more can I say, I love it all.
Blessings, Beth

Red Rose Alley said...

Hello,
I saw your site while I was on Decor to Adore. What a lovely table setting for the Fourth of July. I took a vacation trip to Iowa years ago. It was the time when the band Sugar Ray was playing at the fair. I loved the people there - so nice. In fact, I told my kids that I would move to Iowa if they followed me there. I am a new Blogger too. Me and my daughters started one a month ago, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. The link is:http:redrosealley.blogspot.com
We recently did a post about "Home Treasures," and it will give you a chance to get to know us better. Hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh how I love fireworks over water -- looks like you have the best seat in the house! What a great centerpiece.

Sarah said...

Carolyn, I can't imagine a more wonderful vantage point to view fireworks across the lake. Wow, what a view you have! I'm crazy about all the details of this festive fireworks table. You hit a home run on this one. Thanks for sharing! Happy 4th to you! ~ Sarah
PS
Sparklers are a favorite memory from my childhood too.

Marlis said...

I've so been struggling with the red white and blue thing.. but I must say yours is grand.. perfect with your gorgeous backdrop and front row seats. I too love my Queen's Calico.. it's so great with so many pieces. I think the solid red plates are perfect.. Great table. Many blessings, Marlis

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Who needs fireworks when you have a centerpiece that looks like a roman candle! So creative! I love the mix of dishes. They are patriotic in a very upscale way!
Yvonne

Maria said...

I love your table! Truly, with that killer view you could be using paper plates and no one would notice! But then, you go and put together this beautiful table! Thank you for giving me so many ideas!

Unknown said...

Your tablescapes are stunning! I have loved them all. Thanks for sharing the beauty! Hugs!

Sweetladyelaine said...

A beautiful view and a beautiful festive table! Thank you for sharing. Blessings My Friend,

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderfully patriotic tablescape! I just love red, white and blue and you have certainly done them justice.

How wonderful that you can see the fireworks from your sunroom. I bet that is a beautiful sight.

Heather at Farm to Fork said...

Your table is the best patriotic table scape I have seen on the internet. I love it! I love your blue floral plates too. :-)

Calypso In The Country said...

I absolutely love your tablescape and the view over the water is breathtaking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...