Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekend on the Water #1

I thought I'd post some photos from our lake after each weekend throughout the summer. A kind of "mini tour" of the lake that we live on... 

Here is "Weekend on the Water #1

Enjoy! 
 

Three families of geese cruising the north side of the lake. Very friendly geese!

A handful of water-skiers were out this weekend!

The swimming beach is beginning to get busy...

Same boat -- different water-skier (ya show off!)

My favorite photo from this weekend! You can see the goose's legs in the water.

And... they left.

Tree-lined road going around the lake by the Nature Center and camping area.
If you enjoy birdwatching -- this is a great place to go!

One of my favorite spots on the lake -- my own patio.

Enjoying one of my favorite snacks -- salt water taffy!

It doesn't get much more relaxing than that!

More water sports -- this guy was pretty intense.

Redwood Resort area

Love the Iowa skies!

Thanks for visiting!

13 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Beautiful pictures, Carolyn! I'm not good with my water fowl...I thought those were geese!

We finally got on our boat this weekend, the weather was gorgeous!

XO,
Jane

Kathy@ Gone North said...

Just Lovely!!!
& our offer was accepted, : ) inspections soon & if nothing goes wrong, we now own a new/old/needs work place, on the lake... can't wait to get in & start...
Soon we will have some of those views that you have... : )

Jodi said...

Great pictures! I love the one with the geese, they are so cute!

We finally have our summer; from one extreme to the next, only in iowa!

jodi

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Oh Carolyn, this is something I will love and look forward to!!!! Great idea! We used to water ski and I got so that I could do one ski, but we haven't had the opportunity to ski in many years now. I wonder if I could still do it????:):) XO, Pinky

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Just beautiful! Looks like summer has arrived on your lake. Woohoo! I love the duck photos too. Your adirondak chairs are wonderful. I love the finish on them! I am very happy to see your lake photos they are all so good. If you don't mind me asking, what type of camera do you have? Your photography is excellent!

Carolyn said...

Thanks everybody!

I did accidentally call the goose a "duck" in one of the photos and have corrected that. These are all Canadian Geese!

The camera I use is a Nikon Coolpix P6000. Although I also have two Nikon DSLR cameras, this one is so easy to use and I'm always happy with the photos it takes. So I use it 99% of the time!

Janet said...

I do believe my blood pressure just went down! Thanks, I needed that!

Toyin O. said...

These are great pictures, look like great fun:)

Anonymous said...

I love photos of nature - the duckies are precious!

Saltwater Taffy always reminds me of childhoods at the beach.

Used to live in Iowa City with my hubby ages ago when he was going to school there.

Happy Weekend!

Linda

Heidi said...

Oh wow! Your home looks like a dream. Waking up to that every morning, what a blessing!

Out on the prairie said...

That taffy would disappear around me, you must have a good source for it.We used to make it when I was a kid.Lovely shots to share.

Paula said...

Love these shots! We have a boat, but we've loaned it to relatives while we're on vacation. Your pics make me miss it! Your patio looks so inviting!

Paula @ Yay Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...