Friday, December 9, 2011

Pretzel Rolo Turtles (easy candy recipe!)

These little candies have to be the easiest things to make - the hardest part is unwrapping the Rolos!



 Only three ingredients are needed: Pretzels, Rolo candies and pecan halves.


Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place pretzels on foil-lined baking sheet. Put a Rolo candy on top of each pretzel.  



Bake for 4-5 minutes until Rolos are soft but not melting. Place pecan half on top of the Rolo candy and press down slightly. 




Place in refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes until cool.


See how easy?? This is a great recipe to make with children or for a quick snack or just to have on hand. You could drizzle a little white melted chocolate over them to make them fancier. Color the white chocolate with red and green for the holidays. If you don't care for pecans you can use any kind of nut -- or substitute something else. I've seen them made with crushed peppermints, M&Ms and dried fruit. 

Here is the recipe again:

Ingredients:
Pretzels (I like to use the square ones but any will work)

Rolos Candies (unwrapped)
Pecan Halves

Directions:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line cookie sheet with foil. Place pretzels on foil-lined baking sheet. (You can put them together fairly close.) Put a Rolo candy on top of each pretzel.  Bake for 4-5 minutes until Rolos are soft but not melting. Remove from oven and immediately place a pecan half on top of the softened Rolo and press down slightly. Place in refrigerator until cool.

These can be stored in an airtight container. I usually keep them in the fridge in a container and remove as needed.


Thanks for visiting!


I am linking to the following parties:

Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop at Homemaker on a Dime
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my those are good, this is one for us this year, thankyou for posting this!

Jodi said...

Yum, definately trying these! I love anything easy now days! :)
stay warm!

Jodi

Anonymous said...

These look yummy, festive, and even a bit sophisticated. You can bet I'll be adding them to my Christmas tray of goodies. Thanks, Carol!

Debbiedoos said...

Yummy, and easy too. I am dipping some oreos in chocolate as we speak. I have a cookie exchange to go to tomorrow and I have to make six dozen. I love easy and tasty and no bake is even better.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Love this cause it sounds so simple but so GOOD!!! I have a bag of Xmas shaped pretzels: trees, bells etc. that I can use! Thanks!!!! XO, Pinky

Babs said...

Love that sweet salty thing. Salty pretzels and sweet chocolate... and pecans! YUM!

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing this recipe. I love easy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...