Monday, December 5, 2011

First snowfall!

The first snowfall of the season arrived on Saturday, Dec. 3!
 

The lake has begun to freeze... as the temperatures remain low, it will continue to freeze heavily.
Soon there will be ice fishing huts on the ice!

Snow: another love/hate relationship I have... for the most part, I do adore the snow in the winter. It is incredibly bright and pretty and 'cleans' things up when it blankets the ground. Especially when it comes down without the wind to blow it and cause drifting. 


On the other hand, I dislike driving in winter when the roads are coated with snow and/or ice. Often times, the snow remains on the road, melts during the day, but freezes again when the sun goes down making for slick roads. The main highways are kept dry with salt (requiring twice as many car washes to keep the salt off the car) but the roads around the lake can stay rather slick.
 

Regardless of the driving conditions, I love living in an area that receives snow!
 

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

What a pretty picture; from inside of course! :) I am with you I have a love/ hate relationship with the snow too. I am usually a nervous mess when I know it's slick out and I have to drive in it! BUT...I love to stay inside where it's warm and cozy and watch it snow.

Take care and stay WARM!!!
Jodi

Blondie's Journal said...

The first snow is always beautiful! I dislike "Old snow". And driving in it! But this is perfect and pretty!

XO,
Jane

Carol at Serendipity said...

Carolyn,
A beautiful picture. Sometimes I miss it but as I have gotten older - not that much. I have wonderful memories of snow however.

We spend the summer on a lake and I look forward to those wonderful days.

Carol

Janet said...

Oh, how I envy you your first snow! Please send it my way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...