Friday, July 22, 2011

My Garden Center Purchases!

In my last post, I blogged about visiting a garden center and mentioned I had bought two items. So I thought I'd share a photo of them!

I actually started this post two days after the last one and just now found the time to finish it! If you've read my "about me" page, you might have noticed my regular job is a web designer. Well, that's what I've been doing for the past few weeks months -- working on a new website that will launch on August 1. So far, I've built over 5,000 pages on the new site. Page. by. page. by. page.

After sitting at the computer from 7 am - 5 pm each day, the last thing I want to do is get back online when I am home... I have so many posts I've not had the time to do yet -- and so many blogs I need to catch up with. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now!

So back to the garden center stuff! Remember the black and white pottery? I loved the mushrooms! They had large, medium and small and I bought a medium sized one. Hubby put it by this tree, but I'm still trying to decide if I like it there -- I picture it nesting amongst a bunch of hostas in my shade garden. The other day I moved it to try it with the hostas, but ended up putting it back under the tree because I missed it there.

My neighbor, Julie, said it looked like a Gnome Home. I'm going with that.

The other purchase was the heart-shaped turtle! Love at first sight. <3

(That's a heart. The "<" and the "3" together make a heart and I know how to do those because I'm cool... ok, actually it's because I have a 19-year-old daughter who told me how to make them.)

Mr. Turtle resides on my side table outside. Right next to the pepper plant I planted -- that actually has peppers on it!

This is the east side of the house with my shade garden... I took the photo two weeks ago and will have to take another updated one. The flowers along the edge are a type of "balloon flower" and have exploded in purple!

I'm still working on the shade garden landscaping. I started three years ago. Since I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time, my game plan has been to buy something that grows in shade, plant it, and hope it comes back the next year. If it doesn't, I get something new in the spring and try that. It works for me. I <3 planting things and get so excited when they actually grow!


Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

Lovely finds, although when I saw your title I figured you went back for something more. LOL

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking you may need to go back for another gnome home if you want one in your hostas, Carol. That one looks like it belongs under that tree!
Your landscaping, in spite of what you claim is purely by accident, looks wonderful. I operate on the same principle; plant it and hope it comes back. :)

I think the turtle is my favorite of your new purchases. <3 it!

Blondie's Journal said...

I love your mushroom and turtle! Very cute! And I love the bed you have created on the shady side of your house. Columbine and astilbe are very good with shade and pretty, too.

XO,
Jane

Jodi said...

I really <3 the turtle. :) He is cute and so is the mushroom. I have a turtle in my garden too, only he is terra cotta; my daughter picked him out. :)

You have been busy! I know it's hard to get caught up on here when you have been gone.

Take care and stay cool! :)
Jodi

Janet said...

I LOVE your finds!

Your gardens and your surrounds are so beautiful!

Enjoy and stay cool!

Janet

Heather at Farm to Fork said...

I LOVE your mushroom. I also like your <3. That is very cool. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...