Saturday, July 23, 2011

Are you ready for some ... football? Already?

I guess that time of year is approaching! This morning at the lake, I see the flags are a-flying...


The house to the right of us:

University of Iowa Hawkeyes

And the house to the left of us:

Iowa State University Cyclones

After moving to Iowa many years ago, I quickly discovered that the Iowa / Iowa State competition is a fierce one! 


I remain mostly neutral. I am a college football fan and enjoy watching both teams. However, when they play each other, I usually choose one over the other. The Hawkeyes.




Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not just about the football, Carol; it's a deep-rooted show of loyalty to our state universities. And, I share your team preference. See why we're friends? :)

Full Circle Creations said...

GO HAWKS! I have always been a Hawk fan but I did graduate from Iowa State! So I like them both but I bleed black and gold! HA!

Holly

Susan said...

I am a born and raised Alabamian and no rivalry beats Auburn and Alabama.
War Eagle!!
Susan
Auburn Tigers
2010 National Champions

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Looks like you have a little subtle flag-flying competition on the docks there!
How nice to have a lake house.
Someday when we retire.... it is in the plan!
We'll just see.....

:)
Enjoy.
xx
Alison

RHome410 said...

It doesn't look like it at your place, but outside my window is looking like football weather today! I have to say our house does divide when it comes to WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies. The Husky fans are just young yet, and don't know any better. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...