Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving Tablescape

Thanksgiving is this week! What are you thankful for? 


I am thankful for Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. With Him, I have everything to be thankful for!

I am thankful for my my wonderful hubby and my beautiful daughter! I am thankful she is coming home for a few days this week! College keeps her so busy...

I am thankful for my family! Between my family and my hubby's family, we are very blessed!

This is the first table I have done since we sold our acreage and permanently moved to the lake. I am still in the process of sorting through things -- all the 'things' are here and there and although I know I have everything, I can't quite find everything! haha


Fall is my favorite time of year and using fall colors makes me happy!



There is definitely something about turkeys that attract me... turkey is actually one of my least favorite foods -- but I love decorations in the shape of turkeys! Dishes are no exception.



The center of the table is lined with a runner and just a few decorations this year.



Along with the turkey dishes I recently found, they had matching salt and pepper shakers!



This Holy Bible is very old... and very used. How wonderful is that?


The cute turkey dishes are colorful! I found them at Walmart and they were exactly what I was looking for! 


  
Loved using these napkins with the gold and bronze colors in them.




I mixed orange and yellow dinner plates.




Chargers are for fall! The acorns and leaves that adorn the sides peek out from under the dinner plate.



Here is a place setting using the yellow dinner plate.



This flatware is one of my favorite sets! It seems to go with every occasion.





The candlestick holders are another of my favorites. They were the first turkey item I bought many years ago!


I've been waiting to use the table runner! I bought it earlier this year. The embroidery and applique on it is incredible! And the colors are fabulous!



Happy Thanksgiving everybody! 



What's on the table:
Dinner and salad plates: Purchased at Walmart
Turkey and Pumpkin salt and pepper shakers: Walmart
Chargers: Walmart
(I shopped at Walmart a lot this year!)
Table runner: Crate & Barrel

Napkins: Crate & Barrel   
Flatware: Purchased at World Market
Yellow/gold goblets: JC Penney



Thanks for visiting!







I will be linking to the following fantastic parties this week:

Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage

Show off Your Cottage Monday at The House in the Roses
Amaze Me Monday at Dittle Dattle 

Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life

Whassup Wednesday at Elements Interiors
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Feature Yourself Friday at 
Fingerprints on the Fridge
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here

Feather Your Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Flaunt it It Friday at Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Seasonal Sundays
 at The Tablescaper

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful tablescape and I love the photo with the bible,, it looks lovely with any thanksgiving table.

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Amazing table! Gorgeous colours! Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Jodi said...

Your table is beautiful; I love all the turkeys and your table runner is gorgeous!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jodi

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful, Carol; I've missed your tablescapes! Hope you get everything in its place so you can do more of it.
Happy Thanksgiving!

DIYbyDesign said...

I just love your Thanksgiving table. I am in the middle of working on mine. Yours is awesome inspiration.

Out on the prairie said...

real nice, you have a lot of fun decorating

Unknown said...

Carolyn I have really missed your beautiful tablescapes! This is lovely! Happy Holiday! Hugs

Janet said...

Your table is beautiful! The bible under the centerpiece is priceless, and so very, very appropriate.

Happy Thanksgiving!

xxoo

Lisa said...

I love your thanksgiving spirit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...