Wednesday, August 31, 2011

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday

Time to start a new chapter in our life!

While growing up, our family moved often because my father was in the Air Force. I have not considered houses as emotional objects. They come and they go. However, I had a tiny bit of sadness when I finished cleaning the acreage house for the new owners. Thinking about the years we spent living in it and remembering so many happy occasions there. 19 years of my life was spent in this house. Before that, the longest I had lived in one house was 3.5 years.


The sadness came and went quickly however. I am very excited for the new family moving in and wish them many years of happiness in this home!

Our new permanent residence is at the lake! And you will find me drifting around on it often...

Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

Janet said...

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS to you and your family! Well deserved, well earned!

Bravo, you!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Congrats on the sale! You will make many more permanent memories at the lake as well and can do so with the satisfaction now of knowing a loving family lives in your other home! I am sure they appreciate all that you have made their new home to be! Can't wait to see more of the lake too!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the sale of your home! I have been missing you, now I see why. I know you will make the lake home yours. Can't wait to see more of those beautiful tablescapes. Take care. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

How nice for you not to have to split your time between the two places; what WILL you do with all your extra time?! I would think that not having to clean both homes would free you up immensely!
So happy you have a family in your old house, one that will continue to add happy memories to yours in that house.
Congratulations!

RHome410 said...

I understand the bout of melancholy...But enjoy, enjoy, ENJOY.

I definitely need one of those dumpsters you showed in the last post!

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Is your new house on the lake in Iowa? You have a nice blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...